Thursday, April 23, 2015

Indie Soup Runner

Years ago my wife stumbled upon the Indie Soup Runner podcast. The podcast has long since disappeared from iTunes. Thankfully I still have several episodes downloaded on my laptop so I can still listen to them. The first 6 episodes listed below are still listed on the web site so the track listings are exact. The 7th (Running Itch Mix: Mermaids, The Malpractice, Antonio Paul, Coma Cinema and more!) had the track listing on the podcast in iTunes so that one is exact as well. I will be updating this post over time as I try my best to complete the track lists for the remaining episodes.

Skinny Happy Mix

  • Two Door Cinema Club - "Sun"
  • Passion Pit - "Carried Away"
  • Lazer Cake - "Big City Lights"
  • Satellite Stories - "Sirens"
  • The Avett Brothers - "Geraldine"
  • To Kill A King - "Rays"
  • Hospitality - "Monkey" The Mountain Goats - "Harlem Roulette"
  • Guards - "Silver Lining"
  • Lucius - "Turn It Around"
  • Mac DeMarco - "Freaking Out The Neighborhood"
  • The Whigs - "Waiting"
  • City Brat - "Yeah It's There"
  • The Deadline Shakes - "Sweeten the Deal"

Remember September Mix: Plume Giant, Kevin M.Thomas and Death In The Afternoon and more!

  • Plume Giant - "Wait It Out"
  • The Sweet Serenades - "Can't Get Enough"
  • Luke Davids - "Losing Ground"
  • The Virgins - "Venus In Chain"
  • Apollo Run - "Bending The Light"
  • Two Wounded Birds - "To Be Young"
  • Young Cairo - "Ghosts"
  • Vinyl Thief - "Faces"
  • Tame Impala - "Elephant"
  • Kevin M. Thomas - "Expartigh"
  • Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - "Only In My Dreams"
  • Death In The Afternoon - "Francis & The City"
  • California Wives - "Purple"
  • GRMLN - "Coral"
  • The Last Royals - "Only The Brave"
  • Wild Cub - "Colour"

Lectro-licious Mix: Opossum, Chris Cape, Young Galaxy and more!

  • Hot Chip - "Don't Deny Your Heart"
  • Dirty Projectors - "Gun Has No Trigger"
  • Bark Bark Disco - "Give Me Back My Heart"
  • Opossum - "Blue Meanies"
  • Kitten - "Japanese Eyes"
  • The Dirty Nil - "Bruto Bloody Bruto"
  • Chris Cape - "Zeus"
  • Rubblebucket - "Came Out of A Lady"
  • The Dirt Daubers - "Wake Up, Sinners!"
  • Fang Island - "Asunder"
  • Young Galaxy - "Youth Is Wasted On The Young"
  • Capital - "Miracle Woman (el_der Remix)"
  • Lectro Lips - "Resurrection"
  • TRAILS AND WAYS - "Mtn Tune"

Hall of Fame 5 Yr Anniversary Mix

  • Calvin Harris - "Merrymaking at My Place"
  • Cof Cof - "Sign song"
  • Average Composer - "Villavagnar"
  • Sleigh Bells - "Crown on the Ground"
  • Fire Flies - "It's a Party"
  • Deerhoof - "+81"
  • The Blow - "Parentheses"
  • Alan Wilkis - "Gotta Get You Back"
  • Electric Six - "Down At McDonnellzzzzzzz"
  • Canon Logic - "Rapid Empire (Am I M.I.A.)"
  • Vampire Weekend - "Mansard Roof"
  • Generationals- "Trust"
  • Of Montreal - "So Begins Our Alabee"
  • Those Dancing Days - "Those Dancing Days"
  • Lick And a Promise - "Come Together"

Jumping June Mix: Modern Superstitions, The Ghosts, The Dronings, The Sound Platform and more!

  • Modern Superstitions - "Go Between"
  • The Front Bottoms - "Maps"
  • The Sound Platform - "Golden City Sunshine"
  • Local Natives - "World News"
  • The Dronings - "LCD"
  • Twin Shadow - "Five Seconds"
  • Phèdre - "In Decay"
  • Cloud Nothings - "Stay Useless"
  • Theo Berndt - "Hopefully"
  • Japandroids - "The House That Heaven Built"
  • The Ghosts - "Forgetting What We Know"
  • Kindness - "Cyan"
  • Grimes - "Genesis"
  • The Rest - "John Huston"

May Ploughers Mix: Tanlines, Ski Lodge, Sam Page and more!

  • The Sweet Serenades - "Moving On"
  • Ski Lodge - "I Would Die To Be"
  • MegaFun - "You're So Cool!"
  • Urban Cone - "Freak"
  • Dinosaur Feathers - "Young Bucks"
  • Yukon Blonde - "Stairway"
  • Tanlines - "All of Me"
  • Sharpless - "Greater Than"
  • Sam Page - "Lottery"
  • The Rubbish Zoo - "I Don't Know Where I Go"
  • Jonquil - "Swells"
  • Vanity Theft - "Ego"
  • The Retractables - "Mysterious Man"
  • The Tinder Box - "These Winds"

Running Itch Mix: Mermaids, The Malpractice, Antonio Paul, Coma Cinema and more!

  • Queens of the Stone Age - "No One Knows"
  • Mermaids - "Make Believe"
  • Hamacas Al Rio - "Sin Decir"
  • Generationals - "Trust"
  • Bleeding Knees Club - "Bad Guy"
  • Antonio Paul - "City Dream"
  • Dunderhonning - "Stov"
  • Fox in the Henhouse - "Fears"
  • The Malpractice - "Boss Stallion"
  • Coma Cinema - "Caroline, Please Kill Me"
  • Hungy Kids of Hungary - "The Vacationer"
  • Selebrities - "Move This"
  • Phantogram - "Mouthful of Diamonds"
  • That Summer - "The Hues of You"

Plantar Fascia Mix: Mesita, Gemini Club, Bahamas and more!

Conversational Pace Mix: Beirut, Miniature Tigers, fun. and more!

Strutting for Sage Mix: Ritmika, Lux Leopard, Kids, Sleight Bells & more!

End of Year (Best of 2011) Mix: cults, Canon Logic, Twin Shadow and more!

Tryptophanic Mix: Piney Gir, Whalers, Satellite Stories, We Have Band and more!

Run, Baby Run Mix: Icona Pop, PAPA Sequoya, Cuff the Duke and more!

Hurricane Irene Mix: Priory, The Whip, Diamond Rings and more!

Spanish Indie Pop Mix: Nash, The Powder Kegs, Bombay Bicycle Club and more!

Ivy League Indie Mix: Bishop Allen, The Disco Biscuits, The Kitchen Cabinet and more!

Pronator Mix: Goodbye Delete, Niel Nielsen, The Shivers and more!

Lazy Hazy Mix: Jhameel, Yes Nice, Handsome Furs and more!

Sole & Rhythm Mix: Jarle Bernhoft, Lee Coulter, tUnE-yArDs, The Pepper Pots and more

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what they say, all good things come to an end... but I'll admit that I never got over this podcast ending! It was the best of all my worlds! Anyway, I haven't found anything out there comparable, and where did it go anyway? It's slowly disappearing from all my views... to some podcast graveyard somewhere? I have almost all the episode on my laptop I've found... but I am having trouble playing them in iTunes and on my phone, uh like you know, when I'm running! So I'm scouring the internet... glad to see another appreciator of this podcast out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what they say, all good things come to an end... but I'll admit that I never got over this podcast ending! It was the best of all my worlds! Anyway, I haven't found anything out there comparable, and where did it go anyway? It's slowly disappearing from all my views... to some podcast graveyard somewhere? I have almost all the episode on my laptop I've found... but I am having trouble playing them in iTunes and on my phone, uh like you know, when I'm running! So I'm scouring the internet... glad to see another appreciator of this podcast out there.

    ReplyDelete